Peach's Place

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

DVD Junkie

That's right, I'm a DVD junkie.
I can't have too many DVDs.
I get a certain satisfaction out of tearing off plastic, peeling off stickers and anti-theft devices, and opening up a fresh plastic case containing a brand new shiny disc with a picture show on it.
2 disc editions are better than 1.
Widescreen is always better than Fullscreen. I'm a Widescreen snob. If they don't have it in widescreen, I'd really rather not, thank you. Especially if they have some that say "Full screen" but none that say "Widescreen". Why even bring it up if you don't get a choice?? That's just mean.
I have made an art out of opening DVDs. You don't just do it. You have to do it right.
ALL of the outer plastic wrap has to be removed. ALL of the sticker AND residue must be gone. You can't just slice the sticker so it will open and let that be it. Nope, you have to peel it off. And if some of the adhesive remains, you must use the sticker to remove it. Oh yes, it can be done. Don't leave sticky adhesive goo on your DVDs. That just collects nasty dirt and hair and goop. Gross.
Lastly, there is the anti-theft device. That black little strip of plastic-covered metal that boings when the cashier rubs it over the demagnetizer. If they don't de-boing it, then it'll make the alarm go off. I love the de-boinging sound. Probably something that fuels my DVD addiction. Anyway, they will hide that little strip anywhere and everywhere within the DVD case. Once, they put it on the paper label on a Warner Brothers disc.
All the Warner Brothers movies have a cardboard case, instead of the plastic ones. Ever notice that?? And... they are just a little taller than the plastic ones, so they don't fit quite right like the others do. WB always has to stand out. I digress.
I had to peel off some of the paper to get my deboingy strip off the DVD. I did not like it. But, sometimes we have to make sacrifices.
My addiction is not as bad as it has been, but when in need, a $5.50 movie will do. Sometimes, a $7.50 movie gets the job done just as nicely as a $9.99. However, nothing can beat a $19.95 2 disc edition with weirdo soundtrack or something "extra" to spice up the deal. That is for a truly desired new release.
New releases.... another blog, for another day.
I bought a movie today, can you tell?? And I haven't even watched it yet, but... it looks like I've had it for years.
Don't touch my DVDs... ever. I'll have to hurt you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know how to run our DVD machine. Soooooooooo, I don't have to do watp if I'm home alone and bored.

April 13, 2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home