Peach's Place

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Snap Cap Lids

If you are an avid crocheter like me, then you will appreciate this topic.
I crochet a lot. I have a lot of leftover yarn that I like to ball up to keep it from getting tangled.
However, when I use the balls of yarn, they roll all over the place if I don't have something to keep them in.
In comes Snap Cap Lids.
It is a clear cannister that has a screw on lid, and then the lid actually has another lid in it that flips up. There's a tiny hole in the lid for you to thread the yarn through. You can take your project with you without the yarn spilling out all over the floor, and you can keep an eye on how much yarn you have left, etc.

It's really handy. It comes with a handle and everything.

They're pretty new. I got mine at Wal-Mart. The patent is still pending and their website isn't even really up and running yet. But, if you can find a Snap Cap Lid, it is totally worth the purchase.

Now, if I could get a good deal on a yarn baller.

These Snap Cap Lids come in two different sizes and run about $7-9.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna Felicity said...

I definatly do a lot of crafts and things like that so I might just look into getting one of those! If your looking for a yarn baller, check out thrift stores, or second-hand stores. So many people just get rid of them because they don't know what they are and I got my electiric one for $1!

August 29, 2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Buffy said...

I gave up on crocheting when I was fourteen. I've always planned to go back. But never have.

September 14, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Senora Fuerte said...

Thanks Peach! This is a good tip. And thanks for your comment on my blog. It's nice to know there are readers out there to read stuff (when I bother to post). I'll keep an eye on yours...

September 26, 2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home